Volunteering at Rapha Community Center is a powerful experience. As a volunteer you will immerse yourself in a new culture and connect with the children who are the reason behind all we do.
We have spots available for individual and group volunteer opportunities during the time period of June 25 – July 9, 2024. Exact dates will be determined by interest of applicants. A typical volunteer experience is 10-14 days. Please indicate your ideal dates during this time period when you fill out the form below.
DAY 1: Depart USA
DAY 2: Arrive in Kenya. You’ll stay 1 night at a guest house in Nairobi.
DAY 3: After breakfast, you’ll travel to the Thomson Falls Lodge in Nyahururu.
DAY 4: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 5: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 6: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 7: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 8: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 9: Volunteer at Rapha Community Center
DAY 10: Depart Nyahururu and drive to Maasai Mara for an afternoon safari experience.
DAY 11: Enjoy a full day safari experience.
DAY 12: Wake early to see the sun rise over the savannah during an early morning safari drive. After breakfast, you’ll begin the return journey to Nairobi.
DAY 13: Visit elephant orphanage, giraffe sanctuary and local market for shopping. Rest, pack and depart Kenya in the evening.
DAY 14: Arrive in USA
- Itinerary can be adjusted to fit your time and budget.
- Safari experience is optional but highly recommended!
- We recommend planning for at least 10 days inclusive of travel, volunteering and touring. 14 days is optimal to maximize your time at Rapha.
- All ages are welcome. Children under 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There are a select number of spots available for volunteers to stay at Rapha rather than the Thomson Falls Lodge.
- Approximate cost is $3,000 including flight, safari experience, transportation and lodging.
- Exact cost will be provided when itinerary is finalized.
- All transportation and lodging within Kenya will be arranged by HEAL.
Please fill out the form below to learn more. We will contact you to begin the application process.